Terisa Tribble, TCCS 127
5 Minute No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Vegetarian /Gluten free
½ cup peanut butter, creamy
3 cups oats, quick cooking
4 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
½ cup butter
½ cup milk
1. Add the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil (for about 1 minute)
3. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and oats and drop onto pre-greased pan or parchment paper.
4. Let cool until set, about 10-15 minutes.
Healthy No Bake Banana Bread Breakfast Bars
3 cups oat flour (or coconut flour)
1 cup vanilla protein powder (optional)
Pinch sea salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup overripe mashed banana (2-3 small)
¼ cup honey
½ cup creamy peanut butter
Pinch vanilla extract
½ cup of milk
2 cups vanilla protein powder
1-2 tbsp granulated sugar (optional)
1-2 tbsp peanut butter
Milk (as needed)
1. Line a 9×9” baking tray/pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, protein powder, cinnamon, sea salt, granulated sugar and mix well. Add in the mashed banana-mixture (should be very crumbly).
3. On a stovetop, melt peanut butter with honey. Whisk in the vanilla and pour into the dry crumbly mixture. Mix very well until fully incorporated.
4. For a more soft and fudgy banana bread bar, add milk of choice until a thick batter is formed. For a firm and chewy bar, add milk of choice, only if needed, to desired thickness. Transfer to lined baking tray/pan and press firmly in place.
5. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, or until firm. Once firm, add frosting and refrigerate for another 30-45 minutes before slicing.
To Make Frosting:
1. Combine all ingredients and mix until a thick frosting is formed. Cover cooled/firm banana bread. Cover tray/pan and refrigerate for a further 10-15 minutes, for frosting to firm.