Submitted by Terisa Tribble, 127 TCCS
- When dealing with people who are mean and wrong, it’s always better to use raccoon hands than a war hammer even though you might really, really want to use a war hammer.
- Keep extra deodorant and a spare toothbrush in your desk.
- I am pretty sure I am too afraid to ever have kids.
- Or if I do I will need the Time Turner from Harry Potter, very intense sedatives, and sixty million dollars.
- Many people have different beliefs/actions/values toward women in positions of power than they do toward men in positions of power… and a lot of teachers are women in positions of power.
- Education isn’t a broken machine, it’s a raging dumpster fire.
- In that metaphor I can’t figure out whether bad policy is the gasoline or oxygen.
- I like fighting fires. I really do. Even though it’s the worst sometimes.
- There are 100 billion stars in our galaxy and probably 100 billion galaxies in our observable universe.
- So probably there is an alternate universe where Alternate Universe Me is totally crushing it at life, so that’s comforting.
- Rain boots. Rain boots have brought to life and nurtured a part of my soul that once dead and constantly had damp pant hems.
- So many things don’t matter.
- Wait, so many things do matter.
- So many things are confusing. There we go.
- Anyone who says that all classrooms should be loud and wild with kids talking at all times doesn’t know what they’re talking about, or hasn’t met an introverted child.
- Actually, anyone who says that “all classrooms should look like X” probably doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
- (Unless they’re saying that all classrooms should be a supportive, safe space or something like that. You know what I meant.)
- Teaching has made me rambly. And very tired. And stressed.
- I love it anyway. (I don’t get it.)
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to sleep for a thousand years.
Find the article here: http://www.loveteachblog.com/2016/06/19-things-ive-learned-this-year-that-im.html
And Follow along for more great posts: loveteachblog