Khao Rai Sub Da
International Youth Day on August 12th is a month away! This Youth Update provides resources to help plan your commemorative activities.
This year’s theme is ‘youth civic engagement’, which is ideal for highlighting:
- Youth’s important role in sustainable community development
- Need to increase youth participation politically, socially and economically
- Peace Corps’ activities that support youth civic engagement such as clubs and camps, activities to prepare youth for the world of work and support for volunteerism and service learning.In past years, posts have been creative in their celebrations through activities such as essay and speech contests, athletic events, volunteering, and parades.
How to get involved in International Youth Day
- Organize an event or activity in your community.
- Check out the International Youth Day webpage.
- Submit photos by July 23. See details.
- Peace Corps Training Package on Youth Participation
- Youth Policy’s global evidence-base: Youthpolicy.org
Country fact sheets
- UK’s Department for International Development’s Youth Participation in Development: A Guide for Development Agencies and Policy Makers
- UN Dept of Economic and Social Affairs(UN DESA) Fact sheet on Youth Participation